Search This Blog

Sunday 1 January 2012

New Year and Birthday Retrospective


As of yesterday, this blog is one year old. Considering this, and the fact that it's now 2012, I decided to take a look back at what I've already done with the site and maybe look forward to consider what other changes could be implemented.

At the beginning of 2011, this site reviewed books chapter by chapter, in order to capture what I considered to be the most interesting of reactions, that of the initial, ignorant reader. As of six months ago, this is no longer the format, for a few reasons. Firstly, there was the factor that I mentioned when the format change went up at first, that of many chapters not containing particularly interesting events or concepts about which I could discuss. Secondly, I realised that some parts of a narrative can only be appreciated as a whole, after you've read the entire novel and then reflected on it. Finally, there is the factor that sometimes a book is better appreciated after a few days or a second reading, should there be enough time for it.

Since the format switch, it has been a more traditional review blog as it has focused on the whole book within a review. A much preferable system, if I say so myself. If I can get through more of my TBR list, I'm happy. So really I have no real complaints or points to bring up here.

I guess what I'd like to consider for the future would be the kinds of things that get brought up in reviews or whether it would be worth me writing other book-based features, like Top 5 countdowns or the like. If anyone has any suggestions, then I would love to hear them.

Until then, have a Happy New Year and I hope to hear from you.

Signing off,
Nisa.


No comments:

Post a Comment